Location: United Kingdom
Date: May 2019
The current situation:
The customer used to pack the wood dust with mould filling machines. The wood dust was not compacted into a bale.
The disadvantages of this were high transport costs and an unstable load. This unstable landing occurred because the bags did not support each other, so that the bags moved during braking movements or other maneuvers and the load became unstable. In addition, the packaging process, partly due to the dusty structure of the product, was not reliable.
Something had to happen. In order to stay ahead of the competition, the following points had to be solved:
- More efficiency in the work process
- Less rejection of products due to the unstable load
- Reduction of transport costs (by loading more packages)
- More reliability in the production process, in order to continue to deliver on the promises to customers.
How did we tackle the problem!
The customer used to pack the product loose in bags. We suggested that this product could be compacted in a stable bale. We first did a trial with this. This test went very well, and the idea was born!
Willems has now delivered 2 balers with 2 robots to press the extremely dusty product into perfect angular bales and pack them fully automatically. With a capacity of 600 bales per hour.
What did it do for the customer?
- A stable load therefore less rejection.
- Reliable installation, where the output does not depend on machines, or operator, or product. Always a guaranteed production!
- Huge savings on transport costs!
- Significant savings on packaging costs. The same quantity is now packaged in a smaller package.
- No more waste due to production problems.